- Standard unit on dual wheels and steel rims with mechanical suspension fitted.
- Length – (leader, 6 100 mm and follower, 12 200 mm).
- Width – 2 480 mm or 2 600 mm.
- Manufactured by using a fabricated “I” Beam, with special high tensile Domex 700 bottom and top flanges.
- Domex is high tensile steel, imported from Sweden that is used specifically for its unique strength and durability in our trailer applications.
- It allows for a light weight design thus increasing the payload of the trailer without losing strength and durability.
- Anti – under run type fitted with steel light box.
- The Under run bumper is designed and tested to SABS specification and homologated as a unique Top Trailers part.
- Fixed or folding headboard of 1,0m high.
- Hot Rolled Floor sheets of 3 mm each are mounted onto a unique one piece cross member which are joggled through the chassis and spaced 500 mm apart.
- According to customer specifications, different material and thickness can be used.
- Supraform channels are fitted.
- Top Trailers landing legs will be fitted as standard, but provision can be made for poke-in type Landing Legs.
- Flange type for quick and easy service and repair.
- 2 inch kingpin manufactured from EN 19 bright steel.
- As this component is a wear item and safety critical, it is important to be regularly inspected.
- The bolt - on design is more expensive than the fixed kingpin but allows for easy service and replacement.
- Mondo Propar Axles 127 mm round axles with grease hubs, spigot mount studs and outboard drums.
- Rated capacity of 16 ton, although only 9 ton is legally allowed.
- Tempered axle beam ensures durability.
- This design is customized to comply with industry standards, therefore spares are easy accessible in Africa.
- The outboard drum allows for easy service and replacement without the need to dismantle the hub, and therefore ensures longer bearing life.
- Mechanical F2 / J2 suspension with 8 spring blades.
- Auto slack adjusters.
- Legislation requires the use of Auto Slack Adjusters.
- This is a safety critical component, and
- It ensure that the brake lining play is in such a position as to ensure maximum brake force at all times.
- Wabco ABS brake system is professionally installed in accordance to the SABS specifications.
- Dual line anti brake lock system with emergency braking.
- The ABS system brakes automatically in case of accidental damaged.
- The brake system is independent from the air suspension system and therefore protected.
- Should the air suspension malfunction, the braking system will continue to operate safely.
- Tubeless tyres.
- 17 x 12 R 22.5 tubeless tyres
- The spare wheel carrier is designed to minimize theft.
- Steel tubeless rims for spigot mount axles.
- 17 x 9’00 x 22.5 Steel rims
- LED Wonder lights (4 + 8), installed in accordance to the SABS specifications.
- A light cluster consists of lots of small LED lights, that has the advantage of using only a small amount of electricity.
- If one of the small LED lights should fail, the remainder of the LED lights will continue to operate, and ensures that the trailer can still be operated legally and safely.
- All steel is cleaned by phosphate prior to applying 2 coats of primer and 2 final coats of Dulux Transtech 2K in your company’s corporate colours.
- A chemical reaction occurs when mixing the paint with the hardener that ensures a paint that is durable and ultraviolet resistant, hence reducing the risk of fading from direct sunlight.
- Another advantage is that accident repairs to the trailer/s can be painted with little to no risk of colour mismatching.
EQUIPMENT INCLUDED BUT NOT SPECIFIED
- 18 x Load locks each with a 9m cargo strap
- 1 x Standard toolbox
- 2 x Basket type spare wheel carriers
- 1 x Wheel spanner and Tommy bar
- 2 x Warning triangles.
- 2 x Double license holders
- Reflective tape mounted as per SABS specifications
- Corner plate carrier